This church recognizes the Bible as the sufficient source of faith and practice and holds that living in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ as taught in the Bible is the true test of fellowship. Each member has the privilege and responsibility to follow the Word of God according to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
1. The Bible - We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It was written by men who were inspired by God and led by His Spirit. Therefore, it is inerrant, accurate, authoritative, and applicable to our everyday lives. (2 Timothy 3:14-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. God - We believe that there is one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11, Luke 3:21-22)
3. Jesus - We believe that Jesus is the one and only Son of God. He was with God at the beginning and was born into this world through the Virgin Mary. He is both God and man. Because of His sinlessness and sacrificial death on the cross, He is the only one who can reconcile us to God and assures us victory in this life. (John 1:1-2, 14; Philippians 2:5-8; Luke 1:26-38; Hebrews 7:26; Acts 2:22-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Acts 1:9-11)
4. The Holy Spirit - We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian and provides the power for living a life that pleases God. We also believe that the Spirit gives gifts accordingly so that the body of Christ might be built up into full maturity. (John 14:25-26; John 16:12-15; Acts 1:4, 8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-13; Ephesians 5:18)
5. Mankind - We believe that all people are created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him. But because of their sin and rebellion are alienated from God. Therefore, a person is incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through his or her own effort. However, a relationship with Him is possible through God's grace. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23; Galatians 3:22; Ephesians 2:8-9)
6. Salvation - We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, only those who truly place their faith in Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross will be saved. Salvation is a free gift and cannot be earned. Those who trust in Jesus Christ are to repent of their sins, confess their belief in Him, and follow the Lord in Christian baptism. (John 3:16; Romans 10:13-15; Galatians 3:26-27; Acts 2:37-38; Acts 22:16; Matthew 28:19-20)
7. The Christian Life - We believe that all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obeying God’s commands as found in the Bible and by yielding daily to the Spirit of God, every believer should mature and be conformed to the likeness of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:20-26; 2:1-7; John 14:23-24; Romans 12:1-3)
8. Eternity - We believe that those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ will live eternally with God (heaven) and that those who have not placed their faith in Jesus will live eternally without God (hell). (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; 20:1- 15; 21:8)
9. The Church - We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving Him and by making Him known to the lost world. We gather each Lord’s Day, as did the early church for the purposes of study, fellowship, and prayer. We also live out our faith during the week that God may be glorified, and people may see Christ in us. (Acts 2:42-47; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 20:7)
10. Marriage - We believe that God wonderfully and immutably created mankind as male and female. These complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27) We believe marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as seen in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25)
11. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre‐born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life. (Ps. 139)
12. This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, and is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of the church’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our pastor and Church Council are WCC’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.